|Volunteer • Part-time/Full-time • Permanent||Closing Date:
23rd October 2016
|The World Cetacean Alliance is the world’s largest Partnership working to protect whales, dolphins and porpoises (cetaceans). Through cooperation, the Partners of the World Cetacean Alliance aim to conserve and protect cetaceans and their habitats in the world’s oceans, seas and rivers, to ensure their continued health and survival.
The WCA is committed to preventing all cetaceans from being held in captivity except for rehabilitation and release purposes. We are also developing and implementing new concepts for responsible whale and dolphin watching with the potential to inspire and educate millions of people. Finally, we aim to expand the global community of people who care for cetaceans, have a desire to learn about them, and respect them.
We believe that local communities hold the key to protecting cetaceans and their habitats, supported by grass-roots organisations, knowledgeable individuals, and ecotourism experts (our Partners).
The World Cetacean Alliance connects its Partners both nationally and internationally. This local-to-global approach enables the Partnership to deliver coordinated and practical strategies on the ground whilst representing the views of its Partners on the international stage. Our approach will deliver a sustainable future for the world’s cetaceans, their habitats, and the global community of people reliant upon the sea.
Led by Honorary President Jean-Michel Cousteau, the World Cetacean Alliance launched on 8th June 2013, World Oceans Day. With BirdLife International – the world’s largest partnership of conservation organisations – providing advice in order to facilitate the development of the World Cetacean Alliance, the WCA Partnership has developed rapidly and is increasingly effective on a range of issues affecting cetaceans and their habitats.
About the role:
We are looking for a Social Media Guru(s) to help oversee all the social media channels that the WCA have.
• Help enhance our reputation via all our social media channels including Twitter, Facebook, and Google +
• Measure the success of any social media campaigns you undertake
• Create social media campaigns that are in keeping with the WCA brand
• Keep up to date with the latest social media trends and updates
• Contribute to our daily blog
What We’re Looking For:
The right candidate for this role will:
• Understand the digital landscape and new trends that can be acted upon
• Have the ability to multi task
• Be commercially-minded
• Have both an analytical and creative mind-set
• Be able to write quality content for the social media channels
• Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft packages; Excel, Word and Outlook
Amanda Flint at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01273 355011